Share the Health this Holiday Season with DIY Apple Gift Baskets
Tips for Personal, Creative Baskets Brimming with America’s Favorite Superfood When looking for an inspired, affordable holiday gift this season, the key ingredient may already be in your kitchen: Apples, a perfect centerpiece for a personalized, create your-own gift basket. Apples are affordable, delicious, universally loved and always available – and presenting them in beautiful baskets that you’ve complemented with other personalized gifts, like other tasty treats from the Finger Lakes makes for a truly creative and healthy holiday gift! The Red Jacket Orchards Farm Store suggests five simple steps for a Do It Yourself (DIY) Apple Gift Basket:
- Find an artful basket, either one you already have or a simple, inexpensive basket from a craft store, closest big box retailer, or Red Jacket’s Farm Store has plenty of apple baskets of all sizes for you to purchase.
- Fill with healthy, wholesome apples, go by color, or by family! The Northern Spy, Seneca Crisp, and Honey Crisp are all related-this makes an educational, as well as delicious, pairing.
- Personalize with foods or trinkets your giftee will enjoy, nothing fancy, simple stocking stuffers will do.
- Consider a theme for the basket—Is the recipient a music aficionado? Bird watcher? Golf addict? Match the theme to the person—like our suggestions, below.
- Accent with ribbons, stuffing and personalized labels, just to make sure they know this was created by you just for them.
Looking for inspiration for your DIY Apple Gift Basket? Red Jacket Orchards Farm Store shares four new ideas: For Kids
. Fill a bright basket with colorful apples, crunchy crackers and other fun surprises like books or small toys. Customize a basket for each child in your life! For Fitness Fanatics
. 2015 is the year! Give your workout buddy a head start on his or her New Year’s resolutions with a basket full of post-workout snacks like apples and walnuts, gym accessories and a clean eating cookbook, like Red Jacket’s own Fruitful
. For Sweet Tooths
. Have a sweetie who loves sweets? Satisfy his or her cravings with a basket of apples paired with local yummy caramel, chocolate sauce and honey. For Friends, Family and Co-workers
. Whether you’re playing secret Santa or looking for a last- minute gift, prepare a basket for a perfect night in: A beautiful assortment of apples (with a handy slicer), savory cheese, delicious wine and a fun wine stopper as a keepsake. Share your own DIY Apple Gift Baskets on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag- #DIYAppleGifts. We want to hear your ideas! https://www.facebook.com/redjacketorchards https://twitter.com/redjacketny @redjacketny